Can I get a work authorization document? Yes, as long as you fit under one of the following categories:
01) F-1 Optional Practical Training in an occupation related to studies (pre-completion OPT, post-completion OPT, 17-month extension for students with a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
02) F-1 Off-campus employment with a qualifying international organization;
03) F-1 Off-campus employment due to severe economic hardship.
04) J-2 spouse or minor child of a J-1 exchange visitor.
05) M-1 Practical Training after completion of studies.
EMPLOYMENT BASED NONIMMIGRANTS’
01) B-1 who is the personal or domestic servant of a nonimmigrant employer (B, E, F, H, I, J, L, M, O, P, R, or TN).
02) B-1 who is the domestic servant of a U.S. citizen.
03) B-1 who is employed by a foreign airline.
04) Spouse of an E-1/E-2 treaty trader or investor.
05) Spouse of an L-1 intracompany transferee.
FAMILY BASED NONIMMIGRANTS.
01) K-1 fiancÃ©(e) of a U.S. citizen or K-2 dependent.
02) K-3 spouse of U.S. citizen or K-4 dependent.
03) Family Unity Program.
04) LIFE Family Unity.
05) V-1, V-2 or V-3 nonimmigrants.
ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS APPLICANTS.
01) Adjustment applicant.
02) Adjustment applicant based on continuous residence since January 1, 1972.
03) Renewal of employment authorization document for national interest waiver physicians.
DEPENDENTS OF EMPLOYEES OF DIPLOMATIC MISSIONS, INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS OR NATO.
01) Dependents of A-1 or A-2 foreign government officials.
02) Dependents of G-1, G-3 or G-4 nonimmigrants.
03) Dependents of NATO-1 through NATO-6.
01) Citizen of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands or Palau.
02) Deferred Enforced Departure/Extended Voluntary Departure.
03) Temporary Protected Status (TPS).
04) Temporary Treatment Benefits.
06) Dependents of E-1 employees of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office.
01) N-8 or N-9 nonimmigrants.
02) LIFE legalization applicants.
03) T-1, T-2, T-3 or T-4 nonimmigrants.
04) U-1, U-2, U-3, U-4 or U-5 nonimmigrants .
05) Individual granted withholding of deportation or removal;
06) Applicant for suspension of deportation;
07) Individual paroled in the public interest.
08) Individual in deferred action status.
09) Individual with a final order of deportation.